Sour Dough Cinnamon Rolls
Can you smell these through your screen? Oh I wish you could, but tasting them is even better. Hot right out of the oven, soft and dripping buttery cinnamon goey-ness. If you are a lover of cinnamon rolls this is the best recipe I’ve found. I fell in love with this recipe years ago when I learned how to make the sour dough starter. I made these every week for a month I think until I started gaining weight, then I knew it was time to quit. I highly recommend you try them out but resist the temptation to make them weekly unless you give them away.
To get the recipe for the starter and bread need to visit my post on sour dough bread and making the starter. Following those instructions until you get to the last part about putting the dough in a bread pan to rise then follow the directions below.
- On a floured surface dump bowl of dough out.
- With floured hands knead dough and add flour if it is too wet. My dough was just fine so I didn’t have to add extra flour.
- Divide dough in half shape into 2 circles then roll out into 2 rectangles approx. 14 in. by 9, make sure you continue to flour the surface your dough is on so it doesn’t stick.
Cinnamon Roll Filling:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
1 1/2 T. of cinnamon
1/4 cup flour
Mix above ingredients together in a bowl can use mixer if you would like.
- Spread the filling onto your rectangle
- Roll up the long side and tuck the ends under.
- Cut dough into rolls by sliding long piece of dental floss under the roll and cut into 3 in. slices.
- Spray a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray and line up the slices.
- Cover rolls with plastic wrap that you sprayed with cooking spray so the plastic wrap will come off your rising rolls. Let rolls rise until double in size.
- Bake for 20-25 min. on the bottom rack (this ensures the whole roll gets cooked not just the top) at 350 degrees.
After the rolls have cooled a bit mix a glaze of 1 cup confectioners sugar + 2 T. milk, drizzle over rolls.
Time to sit back and enjoy the labor of love…mmmmmm!
This post is linked toDesigns by Gollum