Did you all know there is such a thing as National S’mores day? Well there is and it was Aug. 10. I wasn’t quit ready to post this recipe then, but I finished creating it and I think you will like it. The tough critics ruled it a success.
1 package of graham crackers crushed fine
1/8 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup of whipping cream
mini muffin pan
- making the crust- in food processor add sugar and graham crackers and turn on until finely crushed then add the melted butter while processor is on.
- With a mini scooper scoop out the graham cracker crumbs into the mini-muffin pan. Using the back of the scooper press the crust down to form a well in the middle.
- Heat whipping cream until it is about to boil.
- In small bowl add the chocolate chips and pour heated cream over and stir until the chocolate chips are all melted and incorporated.
- Pour chocolate and cream mixture into each one of the crusts wells almost to the top.
- Cut 12 marshmallows in half and place one top of the chocolate.
- Broil in oven close to the element for 4 1/2 min. or until nicely browned.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Gently go around the edge of the crust with a plastic knife, careful not to scratch the Teflon on the mini muffin pan, to remove each bite and enjoy.